Monday, June 28, 2010

It's Treat Week!


Well, at least, per me, it is! I've deemed it Official Summer Treat Week. It's really just because I wanted ice cream while we were out and about heading to the library. And since I approved the necessary legislation right there in the car, I didn't have my camera on me to document Day 1 of our weekly celebration. Oh well...I'll be on top of it going forward.

It just occurred to me that we're doing a lot of great summertime stuff, but we really haven't enjoyed all the delicious treats that make summer great.

Today was Baskin Robbins day. Homey chose the Wild n Reckless (heh, fitting) Sherbet. I had to have Pralines and Cream, but had a very hard time deciding.

Tomorrow we'll be making our treat here at home...stay tuned. It's too die for! And I'll show ya how to make it.

If you have any favorite summer sweets...let me know because I'm not sure I have 5 ideas!

2 comments:

  1. TCBY - waffle cone Wednesday... .99 for waffle cones

    Brusters - Thursday - bring your own banana = 1/2 off the split. That wouldn't be such a great choice for you, but you could eat around the banana... Or better yet, let her eat it while you eat the ice cream :-)

    Make your own orange sherbet - 2L of orange drink and 1(?) can condensed milk - freeze in ice cream freezer... Quite the tasty treat.

    Apparently, I'm all about the ice cream today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be craving soft serve ice cream for the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete