Monday, February 8, 2010


Hi, Tracy here. I cooked for my family tonight! Even though I love to cook, sometimes the time gets away from me. Before I know it the Beast is hungry and there's no time for preparation. All that's left is spelunking in the freezer for leftovers for dinner.


But tonight I made almost homemade Chicken Pot Pie (yum). I'm really bad about throwing things together without measurements so I apologize.


boil a skinless, boneless chicken breast in some water with salt, pepper, fresh thyme and a little chicken base until done, cool and chop
saute about half a small onion in 2 T olive oil until soft
then add 3 T flour, stir and coat onions about 1 min
add 1/2 cup dry white wine, stir and cook about 2 min
add 1 cup of the chicken broth from the boiled chicken and 1 cup milk to pan
stir until thick; add salt, pepper and fresh thyme
add chopped chicken and small package of frozen vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, corn)
pour into pie pan
top with a rolled out refrigerated pie crust
pinch and fold over edges of crust to seal
cut several vents in the crust and place on baking sheet
bake at 400 for 30 minutes

You could add any vegetable combination you want. If your family would allow (mine won't), some sauteed mushrooms with the onions would be delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment